Tue, Mar 01|
March 2022 Run-athon
Social Run Club does a month run-athon, where members pick a distance or time goal for themselves to run by the end of the month. The main intention is to get people in our community active, so no crazy goals. Just choose a goal that would get you moving more than normal.
Time & Location
Mar 01, 2022, 1:00 AM – Mar 31, 2022, 11:00 PM
Vancouver, Vancouver, BC, Canada
About the Event
We're doing another Run-athon. Choose either a distance or time you'd like to run or exercise by the end of March.
Choose a goal that is challenge for you but not something that is going to destroy you. This month there are random prizes for running (see below for list and conditions).
How it works:
1. You choose a goal that works for you
2. From Mar 1st - Mar 31st you run on your own and/or with the group.
3. Everytime you run, you add your run into our tracking spreadsheet and it automatically calculates your total for the month and how much more you need to go.
4. Let the power of the group and spreadsheet help you get out and be active.
5. We'll have a final jog and celebrations (brunch?) at the end of the month
It's pretty simple and it gets us all out there. Come join the group and get moving.
Setting Your Goal
The intention is to get you out more than you would normally. Maybe you push yourself to a new level or maybe you know you're going to be busy and just want to be held accountable to a consistent run routine.
I like to think about how much I will run per week, then multiple it by the number of weeks. Also consider what else you're committed to this month in terms of work, other fitness activities, weekends away or social activities. If running isn't your top priority, its important to start considering the other commitments in your life; otherwise you're just setting a goal that will have a ton of challenges.
If this is your first time setting a run goal, it's going to be harder for you to know what you're capable of. Thats ok. There will be opportunities to adjust your goal. The more you set goals the better you'll get at knowing what will work for you. Again, the purpose is to get you out more than you would have without the goal.
We are lucky that our local community wants to support SRC going out and moving. So we have some random prizes for people that register for the Run-athon.
Here's how it works:
- Sign up for the Run-athon and get 1 entry
- Membership plans (More info) get you bonus entries:
- Regular Runner +1 entry
- Premium Runner +2 entries
- VIP Runner +3 entries
- Additional entries may be given out during the run-athon
- All runners have to live in the Vancouver area
- All runners have to come out to at least one regular run in March to receive the prize (the Vancouver half marathon entry is an exception)
- Draw for the free entry to the Vancouver Half marathon (Race Website) will be Mar 1st at noon
- Draw for the other prizes will be at the SRC Run-athon Brunch + Prizes on March 26th
Prizes are from:
- SRC Swag + other
- Ventura Room
- Canada Running Series
- Coo Coo's Cafe
- Plenty Hard Kombucha
- Habibis Hummus