Sat, May 27|
Run Scavenger Hunt
We're doing a Run Scavenger Hunt, come for an easy jog, solve clues and find objects. It's going to be a blast and to get active.
Time & Location
May 27, 2023, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM
Rainbow Park, 872 Richards St, Vancouver, BC V6B 3B4, Canada
About the Event
Running should be fun, so at Social Run Club, we create events that are fun and keep us active. Come out and be part of the community.
The Run Scavenger Hunt is going to be an easy 45 min social jog in and around Yaletown. We'll give you a set of clues, solve them, take a photo for proof (we're naturally skeptical people :P) and get back in 45 mins.
There will be additional points for creativity, costumes and more. Speed doesn't count for everything.
For any new runners, we can match you up with a friend you sign up with, please indicate that when you register.
Check out the video from past events:
- 9:55 - Show up at Rainbow Park (Richards and Smithe)
- 10:00 - Announcements + Review Rules
- 10:05 - Groups Break Off - Clues given and 20 mins of Clue Planning/Strategizing
- 10:25 - Group Photo and Hunt Begins
- 11:10 - Finish
- 11:20+ - Tally points, grab coffee, socialize
- Now - May 18th: $15 + taxes
- May 19th - May 25th: $20 + taxes
- May 26th: $25 + taxes
*** Premium and VIP Runners get $5 discount - Become a Premium Member
- Your team must stay together
- No photo or location can be used for two clues
- You are allowed to use your cellphones on the Scavenger Hunt.
- Every found spot must have a photo with 75% of the members in it, the spot and submitted by one of the group members to the Whatsapp group chat
- Your last clue must be submitted before 45 mins after the start time GCST (Geoff’s Cellphone Standard Time)
- All spots are located in the designated area
- Business Trivia - The hint refers to a specific business
- Landmark Trivia - The hint refers to a specific landmark in Yaletown
- Best of Trivia - As a group come up with the best spot or location for the hint. Geoff will choose the photo that he believes has the most creativity, pizazz and accuracy for the category. Yes, this means that the points are subjective to Geoff, so be nice to him. Flattery never hurts either. Overt bribery is frowned upon
- Creativity Points - To balance the scavenger hunt, we’re giving points to groups that are creative.
- Costume Points - Show pride and wear your team colour. Bonus if entire team is wearing the colour.
- Social Posting - One person on your team post an instagram story photo of one hint and tag @socialrunclub.yvr and the business for 2 pts. Max 3 photos/posts per group.
- Cheer - Create a team cheer and sing it for Geoff at the end of the Hunt. Max 6 pts
- Time - Come back before time finishes get 5 pts.
- Above and Beyond Points - Geoff reserves the right to give out an unlimited amount of above and beyond points to a team(s) that he deems goes above and beyond.
- Last Year's Boundaries (this may change) - Yaletown Boundary + Emery Barnes Park
Trivia Points (25pts total):
- Business Trivia - 1pt/hint - 5pts total
- Landmark Trivia - 1pt/hint - 5pts total
- Best of Trivia - 1pt/hint - 5pts total + 2pts for Geoff's choosen best of photo
Creativity Points (25pts total):
- Costumes/ Team Colour - 1pt/person wearing team colours + double points for everyone wearing team colours
- Social Posting - 2pts/instagram story tagging business + Social Run Club - Max 3 photos per team
- Cheer - Max 6pts - Geoff's discretion
- Timing - Come back before the end (45 mins past the start GCST)
Above and Beyond Points: Unlimited - see above for description.
Early Bird HunterCA$15.00Tax: +CA$0.75 GST+CA$0.39 service feeSale ended
HunterCA$20.00Tax: +CA$1.00 GST+CA$0.53 service feeSale ended
HunterCA$25.00Tax: +CA$1.25 GST+CA$0.66 service feeSale ended
Waitlist - Run Scavenger Hunt
Unfortunately all the teams are full, but if we have 4+ additional people signup, we can create another team. I'll keep you informed.CA$0.00